Designation: Asst. Manager / Dy. Manager - Product Development Technical Support / Services
Job Location: Chennai (TAMIL IS MUST)
Education / Experience: BE/ B.Tech or ME / M.Tech in polymer / plastic background with 3 to 12 years of experience in new product development, R& D and technical support.
1. Assist in Product Development & Technical Support of HPL's polyolefins grades.
2. Implement technical developments and innovation led product & product application development in line with HPLs business strategy.
3. Assist in design of new grades and conduct in-house and customer processing trials to develop and optimize new grade formulations.
4. Conduct testing and analysis of HPL grades as well as competitor grades as part of continual benchmarking and product quality improvement program.
5. Implement optimization of additives formulation to improve cost performance of HPL products.
6. Coordinate lot-wise product up gradation for selective placement.
7. Implement change of product specification.
8. Interact with regional technical support for monitoring product performance.
9. Augment Regional Technical support resources to ensure redressal of customer complaints on technical issues and interfaces with the plant functions to prevent recurrence of problems.
10. Obtaining approvals for HPL grades with end users. (area linked to Regional Offices & HO - Product Development of Polyolefin grades).
11. Interaction with Machinery manufacturers on recent trends in processing machinery (viz. higher productivity, lesser energy consumption) and commensurate raw material requirement.
12. Coordinate with marketing, manufacturing, technology and quality to implement the design changes for product improvement.
13. Prepare technical communication, datasheets, presentation etc.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
1. Product Development of Polyolefin grades and Technical Support to support HPLs business in the Indian & Exports markets.
2. Testing & Analysis of HPL and competitive polymer grades with the objective of improving the quality of HPL products.
Technical Support / Services:
3. Interact with regional technical support, customers and end users on issue related to customers applications specific requirements, product improvement and quality related issues.
4. Coordinating with regional technical services on redressal of customers technical / quality related complaints. Continuously provides inputs to improve the system for complaint redressal.
5. Conduct testing and analysis of polymer properties of products, development grades and competitor grades.
Interact with customers and conducts market research to understand changing/emerging needs, plans, designs, and benchmarks & develops new product to address the emerging requirements of the customers/market. Co-ordinates with product group & manufacturing for new grade introduction.
6. Provide technical assistance to other department like materials, Technology, Business Development & HO Marketing on technical issues related to product, additives, catalysts & Chemical, packaging for products, inspection of relief tarpaulin etc.
7. Preparation of technical communications, datasheets, technical notes etc.
Competencies Required In Performing the Job:
1. Achievement motivation
2. Learning ability
4. Customer Service Orientation.
5. Adaptability and facilitating change
6. Result oriented
7. Good Communication skills.
1. Market knowledge.
2. Product knowledge (understanding of key products).
3. Planning and Organizing.