Major Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
- Assisting for smooth functioning of Plant OHC and Company Township Medical Centre.
- Monitoring Periodic Medical check-up of employees and workers as per regulatory and statutory norms.
- Based on Annual Health Check-up (AHC) and similar check-ups of Contractual Employees, he is required to monitor, control, and advise the concerned employees and Management on un-natural health parameters.
- Maintaining health records of all employees and workers.
- Should be able to handle medical emergencies in Plant and Company Township.
- Maintaining records of accident victims if any.
- Conducting Industrial Hygiene Studies, like Personal Noise Dosimetry, Personal VOC Exposure Monitoring (Benzene, Hexane etc.) and Urine Phenol Examination for employees exposed to Benzene etc. as per statutory requirements.
- Conducting eye testing for all drivers.
- Overseeing, monitoring and preserving Documentations of OHC.
- Planning Training requirements of HPL Employees and Contract Employees on Health, Hygiene and First Aid and implementation of the same.
- Attending any emergency inside the Plant premises.
- Liaisoning with Statutory and Regulatory Authorities.
- Facilitate and enable proper training and development, empower and delegate proper functioning across all levels in Health Services.
Competencies Required in Performing the Job:
- Comprehensive knowledge of Factories Act, West Bengal Factories Rules and other statutory and regulatory norms.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Industrial Occupational Health.
MBBS, DIH (Affiliated by MCI) or AFIH (Affiliated by DGFASLI) will be preferable.
Around 6-10 years of post MBBS experience in handling Occupational Health Centre of a large Petrochemical industry / manufacturing set up.
Skills and Behavior:
- He must have good analytical skills.
- He should have an excellent man-management skills and building relationships, especially with external (customs and other statutory authorities) and internal stakeholders.